New Boat Purchase

travbl

Seaman
Hi everyone. I am thinking about purchasing a newer boat. I currently have a 2003 Stingray 200lx. I am looking to move up to some type of cruiser to put down on the upper part of the Chesapeake. I am looking for something in the range of 26-30 ft. I have only walked through a 26 ft and it seemed cramped. I do not want to buy something brand new because of the price of a used boat. I have really only looked at Searays as there is a local dealer. The other dealers around Allentown do not have much of a selection and they are not to helpful. What should I look for in this type of boat. We want to be able to stay on it for a long weekend possibly make extended trips. We would only have 2-4 other people on the boat besides my wife and I. Do I need a generator or what other items should I look for. When looking at boats what should I be looking at. As I said I have owned a my Stingray for about 3 years. Also what size can you trailer up to. I have an F-150 which can tow up to 11,000 lbs. Thanks for all your help with this. It is much appreciated.