New boat owner & forum member

Ob1415

Seaman
Hello All,

I just purchased my 1st boat, a 2011 Glastron GT 205. I am super excited to hit the lakes here in North TX (DFW area), just in time for Spring Break! Just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all a fun and safe boating season.

IMG_0786.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New boat owner & forum member

Welcome aboard!!! Good looking boat. 1st boat doesn't necessarrily mean no boating experience... What kind of, if any, boating experience do you have?

Ob1415

Seaman

Welcome aboard!!! Good looking boat. 1st boat doesn't necessarrily mean no boating experience... What kind of, if any, boating experience do you have?

Not a lot of prior experience, outside of renting boats a few times each summer for the past couple of years. Always had a great time with that, and finally decided it was time to buy my own.

thaphillips

Cadet

Nice boat! I'm also here in North Texas. What lakes are you planning on hitting?

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Not a lot of prior experience, outside of renting boats a few times each summer for the past couple of years. Always had a great time with that, and finally decided it was time to buy my own.

Take a safe boater course. You'll be really glad you did shortly after it begins. You've got a lot of happy learning experiences ahead of you. Do you know any experienced boaters who'd be willing to go out with you on your new boat and "show you the ropes"?

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Welcome and congrats on the new toy! Enjoy and stay safe.

Agree 100% with Veritas honus....take the class.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I wonder what that new Glastron set you back $$$. I'm happy with my new to me Glastorn 205. Its a Great all around ski family Boat.

Congrats.

rickster

Cadet

Sharp looking 1st boat.Love the yellow.You should have a blast with that!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

I inserted the picture since it is such a nice boat! You will pick up on the forum tricks...... look around and you will enjoy this place!

Who in there right mind would have a yellow and white boat......... OH Wait I have a yellow and white boat too!!! :facepalm::D But..... I will yield and admit that your boat is much nicer ;)

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wellcome nice starter boat!!!!!! remember there are no stupid questions on a boat have fun!!!!!!

CC245

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice boat! I also like the yellow. It's nice to see somthing different.

Albee

Cadet

Congrats on the nice new boat. I also bought a new gt205 this week, but it is blue.

Engine344

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice boat, don't ruin your summer with a Homer Simpson Doooooohhh moment take a class! I did 20 years ago and I still remeber the guy who gave the class yell at us>>>>DON'T FORGET THE PLUG!! (NEVER HAVE YET......YET !!!) Good luck and be safe!

Ob1415

Seaman

Thank you all for the kind words and safe wishes. I definitely plan to take the safety course soon. The dealer where I purchased has them every other month. Next available class in May, but I know my way around well enough to not let it stop me from having a little fun until then.

As for the Yellow, I just could not take my eyes off of it. I had no intention of leaving with a yellow boat, but how could I resist? I looked at every boat they had, jut always ended up back at this boat mesmerized and day dreaming. Hence her name the "Wet Dream".