New Batteries...

eeboater

Commander
What do you guys think. Nuclear powered batteries that can last for years. Now, before everyone FREAKS because I said the word Nuclear, read this:<br /><br /> http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/personalnuclearpowernewbatterylasts12years <br /><br /><br />The amt of nuclear material is so minute that the power of it could not break through a user's skin. But thinking of the possibility of this ---- a cell phone battery that lasts 7 years? Longer than the Cell phone lasts? Or imagine never replacing the batteries in your TV remote ever again?<br /><br />I know the greenies are anti-nuclear. But the reduction of the number of batteries used would be reduced dramatically if the batteries lasted YEARS longer than they do now.<br /><br />Sean

Bondo

Staff member
Re: New Batteries...

I Wonder if Enough of them could power a Electric Car ?????<br /><br />Might be a Good Stock to buy into...........

eeboater

Commander

I remember hearing that US Nuclear powered subs and aircraft carriers can run for 27 years before having to refuel... I find that amazing!<br /><br />Sean

ZmOz

Captain

The "nuclear" power they are talking about has been available for a long time as a light source. They make watches that use it, which glow continuously for over a decade. I have a tritium key chain, which glows about as bright as 1 LED.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I remember hearing that US Nuclear powered subs and aircraft carriers can run for 27 years before having to refuel... I find that amazing!<br /><br />Sean
Mrs.Link just gave me a article last night on a aircraft carrier that doesnt have to be refueled for 27 years or so..we might have read the same thing. Just tapped into her email to see if I could find it. (gone now) Oh well. But it would have been nice if I could have posted the info here. :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't know, but the USS RONALD REAGAN is the ninth Nimitz class aircraft carrier. Being nuclear powered, it can operate for more than 20 years without refueling and is designed to meet the needs of the Navy and our country for 50 years.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Cool, now we can have our own personal mushroom cloud!<br /><br />What a second...did you say nuclear? Are you a closet democrat? Don't you mean NUCULAR?

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ah, that's it. My wife's voice box and mouth must have been powered with one of those batteries for the last 34+ years!!!! :mad: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Cool, now we can have our own personal mushroom cloud!<br /><br />What a second...did you say nuclear? Are you a closet democrat? Don't you mean NUCULAR?
And here i am all along thinking that it was NUKILLER :D

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually, The nuc agency is getting ready to approve the building of a new nuc plant in the US. It seems the eco-nazis decided that nucular is better than coal and oil, and are dropping the mainstream protesting of building nuc plants.<br />Go Figure, now that they are taking a hit in the pocket, Nuc plants are OK.<br />Later

eeboater

Commander

Really, Jeff - - where did you read this? I'd like to hear more about it!!<br /><br />SEan

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> If the idiot anti-nuclear econazis would realize nuclear is way more cleaner than any other energy source, we would all be much better off.<br /><br />We could all be driving nuclear powered cars in 50 years.<br /><br />Ken
I bet the jihad terrorists would like nothing better than to get their hands on such a prize, after all they have proven themselves to be quite capable of thinking outside of the box.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If the idiot anti-nuclear econazis would realize nuclear is way more cleaner than any other energy source, we would all be much better off.<br /><br />We could all be driving nuclear powered cars in 50 years.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Bob in Calif.:<br /> Ah, that's it. My wife's voice box and mouth must have been powered with one of those batteries for the last 34+ years!!!! :mad: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...
LOL Bob, my wife, daughter and granddaughter too. If talking was money, I'd be on Easy Streeet