new bassboater ??

voyager al

Cadet
Just bought a 17' Bayliner bassboat with a 85 hp Force. I wonder if I can mount a bow-mount trolling motor on the back?? There is enuf flat on the sides of the transom area to accept it. Has anyone done this? I really dont want to buy a jack-plate just to mount a small horse motor, and I HAVE a spare bowmount layin around. What do yall think?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: new bassboater ??

Transom mount trollers go cheap on craigslist or I bet someone on there would be happy to trade you their transom mount for a bow mount. I know I would have!

voyager al

Cadet

I dont have room to mount a transom mount motor! The transom is only about a foot wider than the outboard.. SO, i would need to mount a jackplate off to one side, or the bowmount on the top, to the side.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Just bought a 17' Bayliner bassboat with a 85 hp Force. I wonder if I can mount a bow-mount trolling motor on the back?? There is enuf flat on the sides of the transom area to accept it. Has anyone done this? I really dont want to buy a jack-plate just to mount a small horse motor, and I HAVE a spare bowmount layin around. What do yall think?

Yes. Easy answer ;) Trolling motors rotate 360 degrees so it will work.

voyager al

Cadet

it is ON, and looks fine. heading out soon to try it. Thanks for the replies

wtx

Seaman Apprentice

Congrats on boat. Go check out bass boat central BBC form. Great basser forum