New at trolling

imnezrider

Cadet
Just bought a 14' aluminum v hull jon boat. It came with a Motor Guide 32# trolling motor. Can someone give me an approximate idea of how long it should operate with a fully charged battery at less than full speed? Battery - 650 amp Everstart Marine.

Thanks

BUHurricane

Cadet
Re: New at trolling

A good group 27 or even 24 battery will last all day with that trolling motor. They are very efficient. The most i have ever ran mine on a single charge is around 8 hours in a single day varying from very low speed to max speed. No worries

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

That run time may be true IF the battery you have is a Marine "Deep Cycle". If it is a marine "Starting" battery, it will not provide that run time and will go to battery heaven much faster as these batteries do not like to be deeply discharged which trolling motor use will cause.

imnezrider

Cadet

Ahhh so...I'll check that. Maybe if it's a deep cycle, it will be indicated somewhere on the case. Thanks...

BigEdV

Cadet

Ahhh so...I'll check that. Maybe if it's a deep cycle, it will be indicated somewhere on the case. Thanks...

From looking at batteries from wallyworld (just bought trolling motor so looking for battery) it should say right on the battery if it is trolling motor rated or starter. If not go to the store and find your battery and it will say on the sign for the battery.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I've never seen a deep cycle battery that was not identified right on the side of the battery. It will say Marine Deep Cycle, Marine Dual Purpose (starting and deep cycle), RV/Marine Deep Cycle.