New American policy (Robin Williams)

LubeDude

Admiral
Maybe this has been posted before, but It sure is how I feel.<br /><br />"I see a lot of people yelling for peace <br />but I have not heard of a plan for <br />peace. So, here's one plan by Robin Williams. <br /><br />1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good ole boys', we will never "interfere" again. <br /><br />2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence. <br /><br />3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them. <br /><br />4) All future visitors will be thoroughly<br /> checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available <br />to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers. <br /><br />5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby. <br /><br />6) The US will make a strong effort <br />to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while. <br /><br />7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.) <br /><br />8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them are stolen or given <br />to the army. The people who need <br />it most get very little, if anything. <br /><br />9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.<br /><br />10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan? <br /><br />"The Statue of Liberty is no longer <br />saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: New American policy (Robin Williams)

Thanks BoatBoy for setting me straight on this one, just got it in Email this morning so thought I would share.<br /><br />Dont care who wrote it, I think it is good anyway.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Isolationism has such promise!<br /><br />Too bad it is false promise.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Isolationism has such promise!<br /><br />Too bad it is false promise.
How do ya know it's a false promise?.. We never tried it.... :)

JB

Check your history, Snapper.<br /><br />The 1930s in particular.

D

DJ

History.<br /><br />Question: Whazzat?<br /><br />Answer: The class you slept through, for four years, or more.<br /><br /><br />It's coming back to bite you square in the A@#.<br /><br />And, what is this county's fascination with what actors think? Actors are paid (quite well) to lie about who they are.<br /><br />Remember, Robin Williams was Peter Pan in "Captain Hook". A great kids movie. Perhaps, Robin has "flashbacks"!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

yep... I slept through at least four years of history.... In public school, no less..... ;) <br /><br />Thanks for biting my A@#, DJ...... :p Maybe some day I can return the favor... ;)

D

DJ

Snapper,<br /><br />I didn't bite it, history does/did.<br /><br />And NO, you cannot. :eek: ;) :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey DJ<br />Lighten up on Peter Pan.. he wore tights and danced..no wait that is one of President Regans kids.. lives up here is Seattle somewhere :D :D :D

txswinner

Banned

Guess you folks think policing the world works better. Let's see you point out the 30's and when we were attacked we wiped out those who attacked us. Isolationism sound ok to me.<br /><br />Since then, let's see:<br /><br />Korea, stop the communist ouch<br />Vietnam, stop the communist ouch<br />Somalia, save from communist ouch<br />Grenada, kicked their butts<br />Panama, oops that was our friend in the Contra deals.<br />War on drugs in Columbia, ouch again.<br />I know there are others but now we have <br />Iraq, WMD, Behind osama, who killed the kurds???, they are better off now, the people want a democracy and they love us, OUCH oh heck that really hurts.<br />Now we are dependent on others for oil, low priced clothing, we have no merchant marines, service jobs (IT) headed to India faster than a fart in a hot room, we no longer lead in engineering tech., our numbers of poor homeless are rising, we have less jobs and crime is on the rampage.<br />Don't start the liberal demo excuse crud it is all of us seeking the easy way out and not caring about our country and our countrymen but our own selfish greed! That is all I have to say about that. What was the thread?

JB

The sky is falling!!!!<br /><br />IF we had kicked Hitler's butt as soon as he got started; no WWII in Europe.<br /><br />IF we had kicked Japan's butt as soon as they got started, No WWII in the Pacific.<br /><br />IF we had finished Saddam in '91, no Iraqi Freedom war.<br /><br />If we had ZAPPED Usama in 1984. . .well, you get the picture.<br /><br />Every time we screwed up it was because isolationists made us wait until it was too late to do it right.

Tinkr

Cadet

Originally posted by JB:<br /> The sky is falling!!!!<br /><br />IF we had kicked Hitler's butt as soon as he got started; no WWII in Europe.<br /><br />IF we had kicked Japan's butt as soon as they got started, No WWII in the Pacific.<br /><br />IF we had finished Saddam in '91, no Iraqi Freedom war.<br /><br />If we had ZAPPED Usama in 1984. . .well, you get the picture.<br /><br />Every time we screwed up it was because isolationists made us wait until it was too late to do it right.
JB<br /><br />History shows that isolationism causes wars and wins them. Or maybe it doesn't cause them so it neither wins nor loses them, but if it didn't win or lose them then we'd be better off. Or worse off. Or something.<br /><br />This proves it.<br /><br />IF Commodore Perry hadn't put his guns on isolationist Japan in 1854 to force Japan to trade with the US, and ultimately the West, Pearl Harbour wouldn't have happened in 1941.<br /><br />IF Pearl Harbour hadn't happened in 1941, isolationist America wouldn't have been in WWII.<br /><br />IF isolationist America hadn't been in WWII victory in Europe would have taken a lot, lot, lot longer, and maybe never.<br /><br />IF isolationist America hadn't helped win victory in Europe in WWII, then Allied troops wouldn't have been freed to end the war with Japan.<br /><br />IF isolationist America hadn't dropped a couple of A Bombs on isolationist Japan after America in its non-isolationist phase about a century earlier hadn't forced isolationist Japan to trade with the then non-isolationist America ....<br /><br />Mate, my brain hurts..... <br /><br />Anyway, isolationism and stuff is probably a good thing and stuff ... or maybe not .... and stuff ...

treedancer

Commander

Don’t know could be wrong and if I am I know someone will let me know BUT can a capitalist system survive in a isolationist world?

oddjob

Commander

Yes if you can sustain yourself with out imports..

treedancer

Commander

Than what would we do with the multinational companies tell them they could not operate on our shores? Then would that be capitalism ?