New 73' Evinrude controls help

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Folks,
Where can I buy side mount single lever controls for my 73' 65 HP Evinrude? I am going to mount the ignition, hot horn, choke etc. separate on the dash. So I can use generic controls. I found dual lever controls, but I was looking for a single lever for the neutral safety switch. All of the single lever controls I find are not compatible with the cables I need to use. Are there any conversion kits I can maybe use? Thanks in advance!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: New 73' Evinrude controls help

I don't quite understand. Why do you need to use a certain kind of cable (other than that you already have them)..And what kind would that be? The cable brand would pretty much narrow the choice of controls down.

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok I am new to the boating world so forgive my babble please =) I have a 16' boat that has been stripped and gutted. I have redone the whole thing and I am onto the engine now. I picked up a nice 73' 65 hp rude' with no controls or cables. So I need cables and controls for the engine. I know there are only certain style cables that will connect to my motor correct? And I need the controls to accept that style of cable. So if you could steer me in the right direction of finding cables/controls that would be great. Single lever controls would be nice.

Hope this cleared things up.

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

/bump

Does this sound right to anyone?