New 65' Gulf Star in Tarpon Springs, FL

VikingFleet

Seaman Apprentice
Welcome to the 2006 summer season in Tarpon Springs! We officially have some exciting stuff going on!<br /><br />To bring you up to speed…<br /><br />Capt. Paul left Tarpon Springs with the Superstar on Thursday (5/18). They had perfect weather yesterday heading towards Key West and called this morning to say that they made it around to Ft. Pierce, refueled and are on their way to Montauk. As soon as he arrives, the Superstar will start to run the Block Island Ferry.<br /><br />Capt. Rich left on Tuesday (5/16) for Louisiana to pick up the 65’Gulf Star and bring her home to Tarpon Springs. They are fishing on the way home, so I’ll be really excited to see what they catch. I know they were hoping for some yellow fin tuna, wahoo and black grouper. First Mate Eric spoke with Capt. Rich via cell phone for a few minutes last night; they were approx. 150 miles off of Destin, FL. They expect to be home sometime around 5pm today.<br /><br />As soon as Capt. Rich gets settled in we’ll be working on putting the summer schedule together for the Gulf Star. So far I do know that we’ll be doing 44hr Middle Grounds trips on the weekends as usual, they will be limited to 15 people. The price will be $450, which includes: license, frozen bait, live bait, parking, tackle, ice, stringers and meals. I believe we'll be doing 12hr & 24hr trips and putting together some special deep water trips too.<br /><br />Once Capt. Rich decides on the rest of the schedule I’ll get another email out to you and it’ll be posted on the website, www.vikingfleet.com. It won’t be too long before we get the schedule up for the 2006-2007 Winter/Spring season too. The Superstar will return in October, in time to do some American Red Snapper fishing before the season closes.<br /><br />As usual, we welcome you to come down to Viking Landing and check out the boat or chat with the crew if they’re here.<br /><br />Call me w/ any questions or to make reservations for the Gulf Star. 727-938-5300<br /><br />Fish soon,<br /><br />Lisa<br /><br /><br />UPDATE: The Gulf Star pulled into port @ 5:30 pm yesterday. Got some pics, if they aren’t seen here they will appear at vikingfleet.com asap.