New 5.7 overheating

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Impeller is engine mounted. I checked the PS cooler before install and is clear. Today i did the clear hose test. My findings where limited due to family time. What i found out was that i noyice the incoming water into impeller housing coming in with much air.....a lot. I will check with a water hose directly to the pump to test if still overheating.
Would make me want to look at the PS cooler again. I think the last fella that suggested this was more thinking along the lines I am…and it maybe drawing air…rather than perhaps you maybe checking for it just being “clear”. Sorry if I picked you up wrong, if not. Quite a common thing for these to lose their prime or suck air from the PS cooler being perished or to blame in some form

Galvez83

Petty Officer 1st Class
Would make me want to look at the PS cooler again. I think the last fella that suggested this was more thinking along the lines I am…and it maybe drawing air…rather than perhaps you maybe checking for it just being “clear”. Sorry if I picked you up wrong, if not. Quite a common thing for these to lose their prime or suck air from the PS cooler being perished or to blame in some form
Sorry for that, "clear" as in no obstructions. Now with the engine in place getting to the cooler is a nightmare if not impossible. Even getting to the hose that comes from the transom to the cooler is near impossible also. Now for the sake of reason lets say the issue lies in the hose going to the cooler or even the cooler itself. Someone suggested going thru hull for cooling. This raised the question of how to run a hose to the cooler. Is going thru hull and capping the pipe coming from outdrive viable?