never listen to peeps who dont know nething

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman
i have a old tahatsu 9.9 for my little scanoe and we were gunna take it out to try my NEW PROP and when i started it on land i told my friend it sounded like it was running fast he said no it dosent, so we get to creek i start it, revs to full throttle slips into gear take of like a shot(my scane will go 40mph with this motor) takes a hard right twords the rocky shore throws me off then all of a sudden i see it stop and its still revving i swim over there and shut it off look down and my NEW $100 prop is GONE and a guy comes out of his house and says "you might not want to swin i just saw a 12' gator there"!!! the only thing i could tell my fried was "i told u it was running fast...oh and ur paddling home" it turns out the throttle cable was stuck

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: never listen to peeps who dont know nething

don't think a canoe is rated for that much HP :eek: <br />glad it was only a prop, coulda been lot worse!<br />safe boating,<br />M.Y.

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman

lol nope my scanoe is only rated for a 5hp max. when we use this motor we usually hav a person and like 2 trolling batteries up front to keep it flat :D but it does go like 35-40

Carphunter

Commander

35 to 40 mph!? Man I need one of these 9.9's for my bassboat. :D

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman

lol yeah the reason is cause my scanoe is made of plastic type stuff and only weighs like 40-50lbs at most!! i need to get that motor fixed it was fun its like a 1969 or sumtin but it started firts pull everytime it just sliped into gear sometimes :)