never leave the boat lift

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It was a pretty day in June on Mobile Bay. It was like glass. I just got back from a long ride in my Stauter Built boat. I put it in the lift and switched it to up. I had to go grab a motor flushing attachment so I went into the wharf's storage room to get one. The boat lifts old motor got fried so I had a new one put in. Little did I know that it was faster than the old one. Then all the sudden I hear this CLING CLING CRACK SNAP SPLASH and I run down to see what is happening, the boat went up too far and the cables broke and the boat fell! The boat is half filled with water and won't start because the water got in the engine through the exhaust. I ended up towing it whith my Whaler to the trailer until I could get new cables.

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: never leave the boat lift

ouch! :mad: that's enough to desire a 6pack sleepin pill at bedtime, eh? i imagine you're talking about an i/o right? water in the engine compartment, and elsewhere? at least the weather was halfway decent i hope.<br /><br />so have you got a pic of this stauter? it would be nice to see just what those look like :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That would be a sore sound for the ears for sure.<br />Don't know much about them lifts except I like to fish around them when I can.<br />Always a bass or two hanging out there. :D

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ebb, no this is a 14' wooden boat w/ an outboard. it is made localy. Ill put in some pics in a little while.