netzero vs peoplepc

simple

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking into getting internet at home. Yes, I do all my lurking at work and I think it's time I get with the program. Anybody have experience with either of the two providers I mentioned above? Netzero is $9.95 per month and peoplepc is $10.95 per month with the first 3 months at $5.95. I'm looking at which would offer better customer service and have a better overall reputation.

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: netzero vs peoplepc

I have peoplepc with 5x at home and seems to work great only problem is you only get 1 mail box so we have to use our yahoo mail box for privacy

eeboater

Commander

Honestly, I think when you try to stick with the low-end internet service providers you aren't going to really find anyone with "better customer service and have a better overall reputation"

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have had and still do have peoplepc on dial up back up and have had them for almost 5 years now and have 6 email boxes, plenty of storage at the home page under site builder. Any questions I have had in the past is answered quickly and to the point.<br /><br />My daughter tried netzero and said she did not like it. She could never get anyone on the phone without having to sit for 30+ minutes waiting.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I dont think they have it in your area, but EV1.net works great for me.<br /><br />Ken

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

what about netscape? under $10/ month and they include the software that compresses html to speed up transfers (I think it's extra $ for netzero).<br /><br />No personal experience with any of the above, however....