Need trim motor part # for 94 Merc 50HP

mguidry629

Seaman
Serial # OD289720

It's the trim assembly with one ram. Here's the diagram of what I have:

65_500.jpg

I called a local outboard shop and they said Mercury replaces this pump with a different pump (better) that bolts right in. You cannot get the parts as listed on the diagram anymore, you have to replace the whole pump motor (all I need is the cap and seal kit). I was quoted $500+ by a Merc dealer and $310 by a local outboard shop.

I was just wondering if anyone can provide a part number for the replacement trim motor so I can see about ordering it online (hopefully cheaper?)

mguidry629

Seaman
Re: Need trim motor part # for 94 Merc 50HP

I think I found the replacement part #

Merc = 893907A02
Arco = 6276
Sierra = 18-6777

RRitt

Captain

the $130 chinese replacement on google, amazon, ebay is adequate. it will last 5-8 years in freshwater. The arco and mercury motors will last 12-16 years in freshwater. If you are going to run in saltwater then you should just buy the arco or mercury up front. the new motors have an aluminum reservoir and a metal body. You will need to install a bonding strap. (look up diagram for 1998 system with yellow filler plug). You should also keep your anode in tip-top shape. Galvanic was not a concern with your old motor due to plastic body and no bonding straps were used. It is important that you do not forget the bonding strap on a new motor.

mguidry629

Seaman

I bought the $150 one from Amazon. The boat doesn't get used but 5 or 6 times a year, and it's about half/half fresh/salt. Of course I might use it more once I sell my other boat (hopefully soon).

Anyway, I think I may have found the diagram but not sure. This "bonding strap"....does it connect to one of the mounting bolts on the trim motor? If so, where does the other end of the strap connect?

If you find a photo or diagram, please post it or a link to it - Thanks