Need some quick livewell info.

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am having a friend add a livewell between the <br />front seats of my 19' bowrider. Right now the dimension of that area ia 41" l x 18"w x 16"d.<br />I think this is too much space for a livewell as well as I am concerned it would be too much weight in the front of the boat, even 1/2 full.<br />Does anybody have dimensions on livewells from factory boats? <br />I fish for salmon in spring and fall and bass and<br />walleye in the summer. the salmon are between 28" to 36" long, the bass and walleye much smaller.<br />I don't wish to turn my boat into a submarine.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Need some quick livewell info.

That is 6.8 Cubic Feet<br />7.4 gallons per foot<br />50.32 gallons<br />8 lbs per gallon<br /><br />402 lbs full <br /><br />If you have that puppy full, subtract 3 people from what your capacity plate says.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just a thought here, I converted a cooler to a live well. Not the most impresive looking set up, but I remove it when not in use,and it works good.<br /><br /> Jim

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2MADAKAT,you can buy them at Cabbellas or Basspro shops relatively inexpensive.BTW went to "Stef and Kars" the other day.Looks like a pretty good shop.Hope it works out for him.We can use another good mechanic around this area.

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Catchem,<br /> Eric is a good guy. I have already recommended him to a couple of people on this forum already. He is the one who is actually doing the work on my boat.

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah,He seems OK.Gave me a about an hour tour of his shop.Had a real good talk with him.Seems to know his stuff pretty good.Know where he's from?

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, The island of Mauritus off the African coast. Surrounded by water. Next time your in, take a look at my fishing machine, the 19' Bayliner that is being redone. Ask him to see the pictures of some of his other projects; you will be surprised.

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah,I saw it the day I was in.Nice job and boat.He definately knows his stuff.Hope we can keep him around here for a long time.Got some great ideas from him the day I was in on working on my boat.Now I just have to get at it.BTW how did you make out with your live well?I have cabbella's catalogue and bass pro's if you'd like to take a look at some.

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I shortened the livewell by 13" in length and am moving the pump to one of the outside storage units. We just finalized the layout of the hatches today.<br />Hopefully in two weeks, there will be a big difference in the boat. I am also having him put in two locking rod lockers down both sides, able to handle 4 - 7' rods each. <br />Thanks for the offer of the catalogues, but I have been using a livewell I built out of a coleman cooler for six years now and wanted a built in one for this boat.<br />I can hardly wait to get using it; summer is sliding by far too fast.

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep,enjoy will be over sooner than we think.Gotta hurry up and get mine in the water soon.Driving me nuts.

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2MADAKAT,saw your boat with the new addition.Looks like its gonna work fine for ya.Do you go to Mitchell's bay a lot for bassin.I love the smallies down there.Gonna get Eric to all the floor and stringers for me.Just to big a job for me.will hopfully have it their next week when he's got room in the shop.

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We usually hit Mitchell's bay 4 or 5 times a year, but last year we have started trying our luck at Cedar cove. 1/2 hour from home instead of an hour +. My buddies and I also spend a week<br />in September bass fishin up north. Last year it was Pigeon lake. This year it will be Buckhorn.<br />Good luck on your boat, just remember you'll have to wait in line. And give him the time and I guarantee you'll be happy with the work and price.