Need some luck.

f_inscreenname

Commander
Been a pretty bad stretch of it the last couple of months. Slow at work (subcontractor). Finally finished my basement in Jan (the last room in the house, kids and wife come first) with all my time off just so I could finally set up my stereo that's been stored away for three years. Blew a channel in my $600.00 Receiver in March, no work no money. Bought all my parts to do a total rebuild and upgrade for my boat motor last fall (when I had a little money). Did it this spring and due to a defective designed set of roller rockers I ended up doing severe damage to the motor. I had to rebuild it three times on a shoe string budget. Runs as good as it did last fall now and I got a newly designed set of roller rockers delivered to me for all my troubles that are setting next to me (afraid to install them). Boat is running, may wait till Sept just in case something goes wrong. <br /> Then there is other stuff. Don't get me wrong I feel very lucky in many ways. My kids are healthy and I have beautiful and faithful wife (this time, another story) and I am not doing to bad after the ex took me for everything six years ago. Just that I looking for a little happy luck and I may think I just found it if it works out. You see my favorite band ever is coming to Pier 6 (Baltimore's Inner Harbor) tonight and I am going if I have to row my twenty five hundred pound boat. Its a night trip. The first one this year due to the problems this spring. I will be able to do three of my favorite things I could ever think of (jamming, with my favorite band, on my boat). Oh and my best friend I don't see much will be there with his boat that hasen't been in the water for a year. I am not worried about him though. He builds hi-pro motors for a living and boats are his second passion. Plus there is that golden horseshoe in his ......I am sure he will be fine. I just hope I am.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need some luck.

23_1_11.gif
<br /><br />Wishin' ya better luck, f_in!<br />Keep the faith, baby!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Thanks for the good wishes (posted and thought). Turned out to be one of my best boating nights ever. I was close enough that I could see the band and sounded like I was sitting in the front row. After the concert we broke up the gathering of boats that all tied together and said good bys to newly met friends and took a midnight ride. The water was a smooth as glass and the rain held off till I was back in my house (it poured 5 mins later) at 3 am. I have my inspiration back for boating, something I haven't had all summer and it feels good.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear you had a good time.<br />Nothing beats a good day on the water for sure.