Need Some Advice

tweeder

Cadet
Hey guys. I have the oppurtunity to purchase a 1990 bayline trophy with a 125 hp force outboard for a very good price ($2800). the boat and hull are in good ship. as for the motor, the owner informed me that he had it rebuilt in 1998 and only put 50 hours on it since. the boat has sat for the last 4 years or so. the owner has assured me that all i would need to do is clean the carburators, replace the impeller, and drain the fuel tank. the question i have is how much is this going to cost or is it something i could do myself (he has the manuals but my mechanical abilites are questionable). the other question is do you think this sounds like a good deal. <br />Thanks for any advice<br />tweeder

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need Some Advice

If the boat and motor were well maintained, then it sounds like a fair deal. do you know the owner of the boat? I sold my 86 trophy with a 125 this spring for 3500. The boat and motor was in excellent shape.It isnt much work for you to get the boat ready for water.I would say you can do everything and then bring it to a shop for the water pump.You should get the repair manual for the year motor.