Need prop advise

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
This new to me motor that I picked up has no prop on it. I need to know what the correct prop and specs I need...also what else I might need since only the prop shaft is there (no nuts/washers). <br /><br />The motor is a 92 johnson 48 sp and the boat is a 87 14' bayliner capri bowrider. Used mostly for pleasure (some long distance, 3 foot swells on a bad day), some kneeboarding. Thanks for any advice you can give!

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need prop advise

Thanks...yeah I looked at the i-boats info, doesn't really help me since I have no idea what the size, pitch should be. So I called the Prop Help Line, was given a number for Johnson/Evinrude and said that they would be able to tell me what came on the motor. Called Johnson and, obviously, he said that they never shipped motors with a prop on them because they didn't know what the motor would be powering. <br /><br />I guess what I'm looking for is someone who has had a similar experience....about a 50hp motor (RPM range 45-5500) going on a 14-15' fiberglass boat? I just need somewhere to start, find a used prop and start testing. Thanks in advance for any help.