need parts help guys??

hi ,
i have a 91 mercury 115..4 cylinder..i was up in another state fishing and someone stole my cowling.. just my luck.. im having a hard time finding one. its the model that has the halves that snap together..not the wrap around...like on older models.. can anyone help me find one..thanks alot

jpollman

Seaman
Re: need parts help guys??

stinkycharlie said:
hi ,
i have a 91 mercury 115..4 cylinder..i was up in another state fishing and someone stole my cowling.. just my luck.. im having a hard time finding one. its the model that has the halves that snap together..not the wrap around...like on older models.. can anyone help me find one..thanks alot

Good news!

I've found what you're looking for. I would post a link but some forums don't allow posting links to ebay auctions. If you want to drop me a line I'll send it to you. Or just go to ebay and do a search for "Mercury 115". Scan through the list of hits and near the bottom you'll see it. It has a buy it now price of $20 and shipping cost of $35 so that's a pretty good price I'd say.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

John

thaNKS MAN,
i been checking ebay with no luck and finally one appears. thanks a million.. i will need to paint it back mercury black with new decals.anyone know where i can get those..thanks again

jpollman

Seaman

stinkycharlie said:
thaNKS MAN,
i been checking ebay with no luck and finally one appears. thanks a million.. i will need to paint it back mercury black with new decals.anyone know where i can get those..thanks again
Charlie,
I just looked on the Merc Parts Express web site and the decal set for my '92 90hp and it lists them as no longer available. So I imagine that they're no longer available for yours either. However, I do have a vinyl cutter and I may be able to create a set for you. They're probably identical to the ones I have on my 90. I don't think it it would be too tough to do. Let me know if you don't find them anywhere and I can work on it. I make signs on the side as well as custom decals for another web site that I'm a member of. If you're interested let me know.

John

yes im intersted. i need both sides along with the little 115 to put on the lower cowl..can u do it

jpollman

Seaman

stinkycharlie said:
yes im intersted. i need both sides along with the little 115 to put on the lower cowl..can u do it

Charlie,
I'm pretty sure I can do it. In fact I've been playing with it a little bit this morning. I think it'll work and look great. I've already got the white, black, and red vinyl but I need to get some silver and teal. The decals on my motor are in pretty good shape but scratched a little in a couple of places. So I may get the correct colors (or at least as close as possible) and make a new set for mine also. I'm not sure if I can get the metallic type vinyl for the teal color but I think I can get the color close at least. This is kind of a fun little project to work on while I've got a little bit of time to kill these last couple of weeks of summer before my son goes back to school. I'll let you know how it worked shortly.

John

jpollman

Seaman

Hi Charley,

I spent some time last week working on the reproduction decals. I'm pretty sure that the decals you'd need are the same ones that I have on my '92 Merc 90. I was able to make a pretty good copy using vinyl I already had. It takes six colors to make a duplicate and I only had three of them so I substituted the others just to see if I could make it work. But the vinyl that I'd need to get to make a good repro is about $10/yd.

I could do it, but in order for it to be cost effective for me I'd have to get about $150 per set. It takes a long time to cut and assemble the decals.

I hope that cowl works out for you.

John

John said:
Hi Charley,

I spent some time last week working on the reproduction decals. I'm pretty sure that the decals you'd need are the same ones that I have on my '92 Merc 90. I was able to make a pretty good copy using vinyl I already had. It takes six colors to make a duplicate and I only had three of them so I substituted the others just to see if I could make it work. But the vinyl that I'd need to get to make a good repro is about $10/yd.

I could do it, but in order for it to be cost effective for me I'd have to get about $150 per set. It takes a long time to cut and assemble the decals.

I hope that cowl works out for you.

John

John,
I also would be interested in motor emblems for a 1991 Mercury 115 horse motor, let me know when you get prices together, and also I'm in no hurry, thanks, Brad

lilmandavis

Chief Petty Officer

oldmercs.com has all the vintage decals and that kind of stuff look there!