Need Part name Please help!!!

STAGE3

Cadet
Hi, long time lurker first time poster<br /><br /> I am rebuilding a 1961 Evinrude Lark 3 and in the process of removing the flywheel my buddie managed to break a piece and I need to get it replaced<br /><br /><br /> The part is a piece of metal that attaches to the top of the pull start and attaches to the rear of the carb? Does anyone know what this is called so I can get a new one? It also had a lever on it and a spring attached<br /><br /><br />Thanks and awaiting your replys,<br /><br />STAGE3

STAGE3

Cadet
Re: Need Part name Please help!!!

Does anyone know the part name? I want to get the boat in the water soon! Plese Help!

Paul Moir

Admiral

Welcome to Iboats, Stage3<br /><br /><br />Only use a puller that works on the 3 screw holes in the flywheel. Using an edge puller will likely destroy it. And for God's sake, don't try to pry it off! An automotive 'harmonic balancer puller' works well.<br /><br />That said, for the life of me I can't figure out what part your talking about. Is it the support for the gas tank that the pull start screws into? Or the arm attached to the carb that opens the throttle plate when you turn it, which rides along the cam on the armature plate?<br /><br />EDIT: Or, do you mean the part that the carburetor is bolted to?

STAGE3

Cadet

Paul M--"the arm attached to the carb that opens the throttle plate when you turn it, which rides along the cam on the armature plate?"<br /><br /> Yes that one !<br /><br /> We did use a puller, not sure how the part broke. It just did?<br /><br />Do you know the name of the part?<br /><br /><br />Thanks for the reply

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer

I can't figure this out either! I've been going through books and looking at exploded views, trying to find something that matches this description, but I can't see anything like it!<br />Can you post a photo and put us out of our misery?

STAGE3

Cadet

Petrol, I would but have no digital camera. Sorry Do you have a link to a site that I could reference?<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Stage 3

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer

The arm itself is called a "Throttle Cam Follower"

STAGE3

Cadet

Does anyone know where I can find it? my internet search showed nothing relevant.<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />STAGE 3

Paul Moir

Admiral

Yes,<br />The first thing I would do if I were you would be to try to locate where old, dead outboards are sent by your local dealers and repair yards. The outboard graveyard is the best place to find that sort of thing. They have the best prices too.<br />I usually show up at my local graveyard in beat up clothes with a waiver in hand stating that I won't hold them responsible if I break my neck while clambering through their heap of engines. Works every time. :) <br />Failing that, try The Marine Doctor in Saskatoon. He has a used parts dealer that should be able to help. If not, there's a few places in the 'States that will be able to help. Try Twin City Outboard and Marine Parts Outlet<br /> <br />Locating one should be easy enough since those engines were so popular, and were made for many years.<br /><br />Those are great little engines! Please accept my apology for assuming you were trying to pry off the flywheel. Sometimes my enthusiasm for them gets the better of me. :D <br /><br /> Carb Reference<br /> 3hp article

STAGE3

Cadet

Paul- no need to apologize. If it were'nt for this site I would have tried to pry it off!<br /><br />I will try the places you mentioned <br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />STAGE 3