Need old Motorguide TM Wiring diagram

falling

Cadet
Hi I recently bought a boat that has a 12/24v Magnum Motorguide TM. I don't know the year or thrust but the Ser# is J104187 any help is greatly appreciated.

falling

Cadet
Re: Need old Motorguide TM Wiring diagram

ok I have taken what I can off to see what is what. There are red, green, blue, and yellow wires going to the trolling motor from the pedal.<br />the green is connected directly to the ground. Others go to speed switch. My problem is it is a 12/24v trolling motor. with 3 pole/pos switch for voltage selection. center pole goes to breaker then speed switch. one pole is broken(obviously needs replaced) with a white wire going to power supply cable. other pole is a red wire also going to power supply. However some one has madesome connections on the other side of the power cable. It only has 2 wires coming out black and red( shows obvious splicing so colors may not be same ). Question is what is 12v what is 24v and will I hurt anything hooking it to 24v. TM runs alot fast when hooked to 24v instead of 12, but I don't want to fry it.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

do you still need the wiring diagram? let me know.

falling

Cadet

Hi Yes I still need wireing diagrams. Thanks for the link I already tried it but my motor is too old. I think it is from around '75 but not sure. Motorguide can't help me unless I could tell them the model numbers, but this old motor doesn't have anything on it for a model number. PLease let me know if there is anything that will help determine the right model.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

let's see if we can narrow it down a little bit. what does the directional arrow look like and the color? how is the top cover attached? with screws from the bottom or the top? what is the color of the foot pedal and the motor unit. still have alot of the old paper work.

falling

Cadet

The arrow is a thin V that fits on a shaft coming out of the motor. The top is a plate the just screws on to the assy. Every thing is white.<br />the speed switch is off, low, med, or high. From looking at another (newer) TM wire correctly it act like it should go 2x as fast hooked to 24v. hope this helps and thanks for looking.

falling

Cadet

Anyone Got Ideas about the model number?