Need oil change recomendations

rockyrr

Cadet
I have a Yamaha F150 4 stroke on my boat. My boat is kept on a lift. To change oil I always drained it while standing in a Jon boat (not too stable that way). I'd like to switch to pumping out the old oil via the oil gauge pipe. I'm looking for some recommendations on a good, reasonably priced pump. Also, any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

joe009

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need oil change recomendations

you could use the hand pump that you use to change the lower unit oil.put a longer plastic tube on the input side,to reach the oil pan.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

i have 2 hand pump cylinders,both hold 4qts.got one at a marine store the other at auto parts.about 20.00

JARB

Seaman Apprentice

I use one similar to this on My Yamaha F150. You put the hose in the oil dipstick pipe and pump a few times on the handle which creates vacuum inside the barrel. You then go and drink a beer or hug your wife and when You comes back ten minutes later the engine is empty. I have tried some other type of oil extractors but this type is just great.

http://www.simyamaha.com/Mityvac_p/mv-07400.htm

MV-07400-2.jpg

joe009

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the one jarb uses is the way yo go.the one i stated, i used to take a small amount of oil out when my engine was making oil.