need motor info from miami

osly007

Cadet
i have recently been given a 1970's mckee craft its rated for a 50 hp max. could anybody tell me how much a 50 hp from the early 70"s would weigh "roughly "i am plan to repair the boat minor repairs and go fishing in the backcountry of miami thanks

osly007

Cadet
Re: need motor info from miami

My thanks to BEAR for the info on the weight of a certain moter I was trying to figure out how big a motor i can put on a 14 ft. mckee project I am about to undertake.I know I can speak for everybody on how excited and can't wait to sand the hull lol "YA RIGHT"

likearock

Seaman Apprentice

hi osly007,<br /> my father-in-law and i have put together the same boat that you have. it's a 1972 mckraft 14 ft. we gave it a 1973 65hp. evinrude. its alittle more weight than the two cylinders but handle it just fine. just thought you might want to know. good luck with your project. likearock :cool:

osly007

Cadet

Hi likearock<br /> Thanks for the info My plans are to turn it upsidedown and paint the hull,The boat is in good shape I am putting a 60 hp johnson on it,And after i have it running then work topsides which is not in bad shape<br />I would like to ask you.Do you have any idea how much the boat weighs?This mckee craft is exactly 14 ft And seeing that you have restored one already how did you go about painting the bottom thanks

likearock

Seaman Apprentice

hi,007<br /> i'm not sure of the weight of the boat. the tag on ours isn't ledgible. i would guess around 600-800 pounds. as for painting the bottom, it took six good friends and one word...BEER! HAVE FUN!<br />likearock :cool: