NEED MEASUREMENTS FOR 50HP TRANSOM MOUNTING

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Mrmerc, I went last night and agreed to purchase those 1995 Mariners (50 HP 4-stroke) for my boat. You have been very helpful, but I know you are not in your shop now, so I figured I would post it here to see if someone else knew the answer.<br /><br />Fellas, I want to drill the motor mount holes in my transom ahead of time (before this Friday). I will make up an aluminum jig, but I need someone to either measure their mounting jig or their motor or boat. I'm 99% sure all 50 to 90 HP motors should be the same bolt pattern. This motor has 3 sets of holes for the upper mount, and 3 sets (no slot) for the lower mount.<br /><br />Can someone check this out and post what these 4 measurements are? The measurements don't have to be perfect, but I do need them to be fairly accurate, because I don't want to have to enlarge the holes after I drop the motor on the back of the boat.<br /><br />1.) Distance from top of transom to the centerline of top upper motor mount bolt hole? <br /><br />2.) Distance from top of transom to the centerline of top lower motor mount bolt hole?<br /><br />3.) Distance between the centerlines of upper motor mount bolt holes?<br /><br />4.) Distance between the centerlines of lower motor mount bolt holes?<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Ron :)

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Re: NEED MEASUREMENTS FOR 50HP TRANSOM MOUNTING

Anybody going in their shop today?<br /><br />Or is anybody else brave enough to hit the cold to measure their boat motor?<br /><br />Take a tape measure if you do.........<br /><br />Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Re: NEED MEASUREMENTS FOR 50HP TRANSOM MOUNTING

Welllll, I ended up getting the motors first, so I stuck a thin piece of plywood behind the mounting holes and marked/made my own template. Once I sld the plywood out, I carefull drilled the holes, and then screwed the plywood to a piece of oak. <br /><br />I then used my drill press to drill the holes in the oak, clamped it to the back of my transom, and finally drilled my mounting holes in the boat.<br /><br />If anyone needs the measurements, post back and I'll get them and reply.