Need input and opinions for a new seat

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So a few years back with a previous boat I added a used Chaparral Flip up bolster seat. The seat was amazing. it was firm yet comfortable and the flip up bolster was perfect. I LOVED that seat. It replaced a lounge seat setup. Anyways I sold the boat and the seat went with it.

NOW... on my current boat it also has the back to back lounge seats and the drivers seat sucks! No one sits behind the drivers seat and I really want to replace it with a flip up bolster seat. I cannot find the same chaparral seat I previously had and am looking for recommendations.

I did purchase a "NEW IN BOX" rinker flip up bolster seat on ebay as it matched my interior....BUT it showed up with tears and holes in the leather and the mounting nut inserts are half a hole off from the holes in the seat shell... junk! and its rock hard.

So, please share your favorite seats or ideas.. :) Thanks!!

Here are a few pictures of the Chaparral seat I had..

0905111623_zpszufltyjr.jpg

IMG_20140625_170511_zpse4dx4vw3.jpg

IMG_20140625_170457_zpseyknjvbw.jpg

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Those attwood seats look nice. do you have personal experience with them?

oldjeep

Admiral
Those attwood seats look nice. do you have personal experience with them?

Nope, but they are a common OEM/Aftermarket seat. I had some wise seats in one of my old boats, but a different style - not a bolster seat.

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think your best bet is to go back to ebay. They list dozens of seats and I'm sure one would work. Don't let one bad experience turn you away from the best selection of bolster seats on the internet. Go to a boat dealership and try different seats from different manufactures, then order the one that fits you best.