Need info on Mac Bay boat

CKRockett

Recruit
Hi all :confused: , I'm new here, and new to boats. I recently came into a '57 Mac Bay Imperial 15' mahogany runabout w/ 'Mercury 55' outboard motor. I haven't been able to find ANY information on either the boat or manufacturer. There were supposely only 1000 of these made. I need to find as much info as possible on this, but more importantly, I need to be able to place a value on it. I'm going to have to sell it - my lady says I have too many cars to add boats to the fray. Any help/information/referrals greatly appreciated. I'll try to add links here so you can see pix of it:
View
Rockett's folder of boat pictures You can email me at: chockett@pacbell.net :D

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need info on Mac Bay boat

Check out some of this info...<br /><br />Holland's Boat Building Industry<br /><br />Mac Bay Boat- Check "M"<br /><br />The Holland Sentinel<br /><br />It seems like the guy from the archives might be your best bet... he is in the last two links...<br /><br />Look like you boat came from an area with a lot of furniture manufactures... hence "wood boats"!!!<br /><br />www.coolwoodies.com<br /><br />www.classicboat.com<br /><br />Send request for insurance quote on classic boat.com & see what they estimate it worth... I think you may have one of a kind boat... by the way I like the picture!!!<br /><br /> :cool:

CKRockett

Recruit
Re: Need info on Mac Bay boat

Thanks Fone Man!! I'll check out the links. Btw, the boat was made in Muskegon (sp?), Michigan.<br /><br />Take Care & Enjoy,<br />Rockett (Carl) :D