Need Help

saltydog2

Recruit
I have an old (1990) Evinrude 90hp motor that has been sitting for a year that I would like to get running again. As far as I know, it ran fine before, its just been put away for awhile but I doubt that it was "winterized" in any way. The VRO has been disconnected so I'll mix oil in the gas. Should I attempt to run it a little rich at first? Should I pull the plugs and try to get some lubrication in the cylinders?<br />Do I need to be concerned about scoring?<br />Thanks in advance.

manowar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need Help

I know you should consider the fuel unhook the fuel line check fuel color its probably not good any way in fact Id drain it replace spark plugs well see if the thing cranks and that was a good idea about get some lube in there I think if every thing is checked and ok normal fuel oil ratio should be ok maybe extra oil blend not double just a that little extra grease all your fittings Hope this helped

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Need Help

It would be a good idea to pull the plugs and give the cylinder a good shot of WD-40. Then slowly pull the motor over by hand a few times.(if your 90 has a back-up recoil starter) I don't think over-mixing the oil will be necessary, but an extra ounce or two for the first tank might not hurt.