Need help..

tripc

Seaman Apprentice
Was out a couple weeks ago and everything was going great. Boat running great. Towards the end of the day and heading back to slip. I was cruiseing and all of a sudden the boat cut out for a split second. I thoght that was strange. Went a little further and it did it again. Just a brief cut in power then back to normal. All gauges were good.

I filled the 77 gallon tank up earlier that day. Before that I had about 1/4 of gas that I had in there all winter. My friend emptied fuel stabilizer in the winter for about 80 gallons worth of gas, but I only had about 15-20..

Do you think I have bad gas. Should I try some fuel injector cleaner??

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need help..

Do you think I have bad gas. Should I try some fuel injector cleaner??
Bad gas, no, too much stabilizer yes, would it cause that problem I doubt it.
As far as injector cleaner goes. Who knows. We have no idea what you are working on. Injector cleaner won't do much on a carbed engine.

tripc

Seaman Apprentice

Bad gas, no, too much stabilizer yes, would it cause that problem I doubt it.
As far as injector cleaner goes. Who knows. We have no idea what you are working on. Injector cleaner won't do much on a carbed engine.

Sorry you might need that. It is a 02 Chaparral 265 ssi with a 6.2L mercruiser with bravo 3. Brand new long block from last year under warranty

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Fill the tank up, and run it for a while and see if it clears up. Sounds electrical, possibly a loose or corroded connection somewhere. Is it still under warranty?