Need Help with non functional Fuel sending unit

sammy29926

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,
Boat is a 2001 Larson 208 SEi with Johnson 150 on it. Since i bougth the boat fuel gauge did not work. After sending them to Faria for warranty work everything worked except the fuel gauge and today i had time to take the fuel sending unit out and find out what migth be the problem. after taking the sending unit out i took some readings and decided it was the source of the problem. It is a sliding type unit and when the float is on top it reads 33ohms and when i move it half an inch down it read 1ohm. So sending unit is the problem but there is no part numbers or manufacturer name ont heunit. I am attaching 3 pictures of th eunit and i really can use your help or advice which can direct me to order the right size sending unit. It is 7 inches long mesuring from the bootm to the bottom op the top flance.
thank you
Sammy

Attachments

• Boat Fuel Sender 001 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Fuel Sender 001 (Medium).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Fuel Sender 002 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Fuel Sender 002 (Medium).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Fuel Sender 003 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Fuel Sender 003 (Medium).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help with non functional Fuel sending unit

you really don't need a part number. Measure it's length and then do a search for "Marine Fuel Level Senders". Remark is one brand and there are others. You have a good sender, don't replace it with a swing arm style if you can avoid it. Although there are variations on the probe style you have, the mounting flange is universal so you need a probe with 30 - 240 ohms resistance and the proper length.