Need Help with Evinrude/OMC wire colors

eyes4u

Seaman
I am in the process of putting a project boat back together and there are two wires that I have misplaced my diagram on. They are in the main bundle that comes from the engine. The engine is a 1991 Evinrude 150hp. The wires that I need help with are the light brown with black stripe, and the white with brown stripe. Any help or link to more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CynicalOne

Cadet
Re: Need Help with Evinrude/OMC wire colors

I am in the process of putting a project boat back together and there are two wires that I have misplaced my diagram on. They are in the main bundle that comes from the engine. The engine is a 1991 Evinrude 150hp. The wires that I need help with are the light brown with black stripe, and the white with brown stripe. Any help or link to more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go here Mastertech Marine -- EVINRUDE JOHNSON Outboard Wiring Diagrams

eyes4u

Seaman

Wow, that pretty well sums it up. Thanks. You guys are awesome.

Davee3

Seaman Apprentice

Classic Whaler: Boston Whaler: Reference: Wire Color Code

White-Tan is usually a TRIM sensor circuit from the gauge to the sender.
Black-Tan is usually a TRIM sensor ground (isolated).

Also see your factory service manual for a full-color pictorial showing the gauge wiring.

Looking to install a battery isolator & run wires to my trolling motor Diagrams show a Positive terminal on the rectifier. Would I tie in there as " Alternator " & "battery 1" to starting motor battery + & Battery 2" to the trolling motor + ve? Seems like i would be creating a second charging circuit to battery 1

Unit is a Cole Hersee 48090