Need help with carburetor, here's the leak!

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
I think i have found why my motor hasn't been fully cooperative. I put new sparks plugs in it and it fired up easier than before but i noticed that smoke was coming out of the propeller more than usual, not much but just enough to catch my eye. I notcied than fuel-oil was leaky out the motor before i took the guard off. So i started it and noticed a very slight drip from the bottom of the carb. It is a slight drip coming from the bottom out of a screw like thing with a spring thats around it. Could this be why the motor has tried to cut out when it power it up? And how can i fix it, is it costly? Would it be alright to actually go out on it with it doing this. It's a 85' merc 35 hp.

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need help with carburetor, here's the leak!

I looked up the parts list for my type of motor and it's leaking by the throttle shaft on the bottom and i don't know if the main fuel jet is leaking cause i haven't seen it drip it's just dripped along that area from the throttle which i seen the actual drip. It still rev's up fine but we have noticed it does better when we rev it from the inside instead of the stick any suggestions? i would rather try to fix it myself if it's not too serious...