NEED HELP!!! which fuel line connector do i use?

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1981 mercury outboard 40 hp 2 stroke. I already have a tank and fuel line with priming pump, as well as the connector that goes on the tank end. My issue is, I've never seen this type of receiver on any of the other Mercury outboards I've owned.

this is what the receiving engine end looks like

and this is what I have on my fuel line (nothing)

this is probably a really stupid question but again, I've never seen this type of hook up before :facepalm:

thanks for any help.

Oh and here is what I came up with so far, but which one is it that connects the fuel line to the engine???

Mercury Mariner Outboards Moeller Fuel Line Assembly & Connectors - iboats

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: NEED HELP!!! which fuel line connector do i use?

So is it the one with part# 50052322 ?
I only need the engine end. Or is it something that I need both the male and female part for it to work?

I already have the fuel tank connector. Oh and I was hoping u would be the one responding GA, lol thanks

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks again bud.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Np, mb.

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

well I hate to say but, I just received my part today and as far as I can tell, it is NOT the correct part :grumpy: it actually looks like the part that I have coming out of the engine already. so I believe I need the female part instead of the "MALE" part I ordered in order to connect my fuel line to my outboard. unless there is a way to connecthere these two things that I'm not seeing or something. I don't know. someone please comment, in the mean time I will be placing a new order for a female part for this type of merc outboard.

here are pics of what if got in the mail, and how it worked out for me.

GA_Boater

Oh crap, MB. I went back and looked. I misread the description. Should be the FEMALE connector, Part # 50052312. Sorry, buddy. :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

Well now you have a spare male connector, and if you order two of the female ends , you can use the extra ones at the fuel tank end of the hose. The male end on the motor is usally bolted and somewhat diffrent from the one you recived. I prefer the old style fuel connectors ,as you have and have switched the new style ones on some of my motors to them. They can be bought at most Walmarts or boat shops most anywhere you go boating. JMO
Oldman570

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

:doh: :frusty: lol, all good. but now I'm hoping I ordered the correct steering system cable size :D , just kidding.

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Finally received the correct fuel line connector piece, and it fits like a glove

GA_Boater

Good, MB. Sorry for the earlier mis-guidence. :embarassed: