Need help putting together my I/O

mjestey2000

Cadet
Hi, I bought a 305 99/00 on ebay and the damn thing doesn't have the pulleys on the front or any of the gear where the out drive attaches. <br /><br />The last part MIGHT be a good thing? I was thinking since it doesn't have the bell housing or the coupler/flywheel, could I use an older Alpha 1 instead of an alpha 1 generation 2? Maybe with some slight modification like when you put a bigger engine in a car? HELP!!! :eek: )

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need help putting together my I/O

Sure, Go for It.....<br />I don't see any Problems.... Do you have a Boat for this Motor.....<br />What's the Question ????

mjestey2000

Cadet

yeah, I'm building it. 24' full v.<br /><br />Will I need to do any modifications?

flashback

Captain

I have heard that some of the drives are interchangeable. go to merc stuff they may have the info you are looking for......

Bondo

Staff member

I guess I don't understand your Question.....<br />Are you using an Alpha1, Or an Alpha1 GenII. Or are you starting with an Empty Boat..????<br />The Alphas are very interchangable, Up to a Point...... It depends on what you want to use, From Which outdrives....<br />If it's an Empty Boat, You can put in Anything you want....<br /><br />
Will I need to do any modifications?
It Depends on What you Have,+ Where you want to Be........

mjestey2000

Cadet

I am starting from scratch. I am in the process of building a 24 foot center console boat and have a 305 99/00 engine that needs all the attachments for the rear of the engine (ie where the drive connects) I don't have a drive yet and I need to decide what drive to use/get. Id rather get alpha gen 1 because they are cheaper. Thanks for all and any more advice you might have.<br /><br />mike