Need help Identifying part

Chado339

Cadet
I have a 45 hp chrysler, model 458hb. I need a new part but im not exactly sure the correct term for it. It is a metal shaft on the side of the motor that advances the timing and controls the throttle. Im not sure if it is the throttle linkage, carburetor linkage, or what. the stupid thing broke and its unrepairable because it made of the pot metal. If anyone knows what this thing is called and where I could find one it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chad

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help Identifying part

Look at the diagram. Are you talking about item 53
iboat.jpg

Chado339

Cadet

The piece I am looking for is item 54. Where do you find the schematics on these things I looked all over. Thats awesome do you know what its called?

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Part is called Tower Shaft with Clamp and swivel

Your motor is from 1972 and unfortunately parts on the internet only go back to 1974. The diagram I posted above is from my parts manual for a 1967 45 HP Chrysler. A 459HE from 1975. The mercury part number is FK433838 and the cost is around $45. The diagram on the internet is real bad so I cant see if it is the same or not. I think it will work for your motor. Around 1978 there was a design change and the part looks completely different and has yet another part number. If you are hesitant about buying that part you might want to buy a parts manual from chrysler crew and see if this is the correct part number. Chrysler number was 819522A3 and Mercury renamed it as FK433838. As I said I am pretty sure this part will work but cant guarentee it. Good Luck

Chado339

Cadet

Thanks for all the help that was exactly the part that i was looking for. I got one ordered from Fairwinds Marina. Thanks for the help.

Chad