Need help from PROS OMC guys

Allan19603hp

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thank you in advance, I have been working on outboards for about 13 yrs now. Today i got a 1955 15 hp evinrude aquasonic. in really nice shape. When I was looking up parts on the microfiche The top seal in the top of the lower housing (gearcase) has a p/n of 41-62 Can anyone cross that or know what seal made today will fit that? I started searchin through old svc bullitens cand find anything. Any pro's out there able to help, I would appreicate it.<br />Allan

alcan

Commander
Re: Need help from PROS OMC guys

Hi Allan<br />Lets try OMC part # 321788. I know these buggers exist. Worst case get the CR #s off the seal and head for the bearing house. First thing they'll do is ask "What's it offa"? Just tell them a pump or something. I you tell them the truth most of the time they won't look. They just try and send you to a dealer. You know, someone elese's problem.

Allan19603hp

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Alcan, Thanks for the help I will check that out I have that # in stock. I will keep you posted with my findings. i havent pulled this motor apart yet just got it today..<br /><br />Allan

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you buy the microfiche to look up parts or do you know of an OMC dealer/ site with on-line microfiche?

Allan19603hp

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have the microfiche, I have been repairing omc motors for the last 13 yrs or so.. No on line source for p/n's none that i know of.

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply Allan. There used to be one site with online fiche but he is no longer an OMC dealer so the plug was pulled. <br />Who knows, maybe one day Bombardier will add OMC to it's site to help customers ?????

Allan19603hp

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mike no trouble, yeah bombardier will take a while they are revaming alot they might do it in the future for competion/customer relations They have made major changes and it's still rocky. Takes alot of time to do the on-line thing just have to sit back and watch. If you are in doubt work with a local dealer there is usually 1 or 2 good guys out there