Need help cleaning up a Vintage 1967 Sportwin 9.5

PNM76

Recruit
She's been setting - inside - for 8 years. I used it twice on a RIB about 9 years ago.

I want to get her cleaned up and running. Actually the engine is very clean (a little dusty) but all of the lubricants are "gummed up" - go figure.

1. The "tilt lever" wiggles easily fore and aft but feels like it is hitting something when I try to move it aft. I don't want to force it, for fear of breaking it.

The motor is mounted on a stand so I and set the motor in a water barrel to run on land. I can't see what it is hitting without taking it off of the stand. Certainly, I can do that, but hoped someone would have a suggestion:)

2. I've softened and cleaned-up the Type A grease on the carb linkage back to the twist handle. The twist handle now moves easily from "START" to "FAST" but doesn't want to go past the "shift" position, toward slow and stop. the shaft/lever that goes into the carb twists freely. So, I think the problem is between the linkage plate below the flywheel and the gear shaft attached to the twist handle. I don't want to take the flywheel off unless someone a lot smarter than me thinks that is where the problem likely is.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Have a great day.

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
stuff to read and apply

the side knob limits the throttle travel at the lower end so you can set the low limit on rpm'S for idling

turn the side knob knob and you will see the throttle rotate slowly

Attachments

• 9.5 link.PNG
    9.5 link.PNG
    398.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 9.5 float open.JPG
    9.5 float open.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 9.5 idle.JPG
    9.5 idle.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 2