need help adding oil to jet pump?

ruw00

Recruit
i have a 96 120xr sports jet. and i have no clue how to add more oil to the jet pump area. i understand there is a "fill" screw and a "vent" screw, but i don't know how it works. also what type of oil do i put in? if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.
thanks

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: need help adding oil to jet pump?

Use marine hypo 90. Crawl under the jet and you will find those two screws. Go ahead and pull both of them and drain the oil. Once drained, pump oil in the drain hole until it comes out the full hole.

hypersniper

Banned

ok i may be stupid for saying this but i did what capt ken said and as soon as i started putting oil in it started coming right back out right away. both fill and vent are on the bottom of the jet drive. i have the same year and model

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I made myself a home made filler by taking a bolt that fits in the drain hole and drilled a hole in the middle of the bolt and attached a plastic barbed fitting with a hose,

I then attached the other side of the hose to the oil container or large syringe

I squeeze the container or plunger on the syringe till the vent hole starts dripping oil

Then I install the vent screw ( this creates a partial vacum preventing the oil from pouring out) when I remove the fill adapter I made and quickly replace the fill screw

it works!!!