need carter fuel pump cross referance

Status
Not open for further replies.

txebbtide

Cadet
I recently started my restoration on a 1995 Monterey 180 runabout with 4 cylinder 3.0 Volvo(GM) motor. Going through everything for a good cleaning because it has sat for almost 10 years. The biggest problem I am facing is replacing the mechanical fuel pump that is stamped with Carter #0-3035. Volvo shows part number 3853970 for it, but all the sites I viewed today shows it to be obsolete or unavailable. And the ones I show to be a cross fit all have filters on them. I already have a seperate filter and having one is gonna cause fit problems with the formed fuel lines. Anyone dealt with this?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: need carter fuel pump cross referance

Kind of hard to track down the right pump without your full model number or serial number.

txebbtide

Cadet

well, local Volvo Penta dealer shot me down this morning. He stated that Volvo and BRP records show they discontinued making my fuel pump in 2005. He couldn't suggest anything but going to NAPA and trying to rebuild it or switching over to electric pump. This sucks! Any help would be greatly appreciated since the kids are slowly running out of things to keep them occupied.

txebbtide

Cadet

It's a 3.0 GLSX serial #4110111938. Thanks Don.

Don S

Now you know why I wanted your SN, the FULL model number is 3.0GLMMDA which makes it a 94 motor, not a 95 as you posted in your original post. A 95 pump is different.
Your 3853970 number has been changed to 826493
Go to this link http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/vp_sch_fs.html and type your 3853970 number in.

txebbtide

Cadet

Fantastic! Thanks for that link and info Don. I went by the original invoice for the serial...guess they typed wrong year. Hope I can get it up and running by next weekend. :)

Don S

I went by the original invoice for the serial...guess they typed wrong year.

Not really, having an engine and drive set up 1 year older (or even newer) is common in boats. Boat years start on Jan 1 with the hull ID numbers. Engines (like cars) start at a different time of year.

Pieceofwork22

Recruit

Kind of hard to track down the right pump without your full model number or serial number.
Read this thread and having the same issues. We have an’88 bay liner trophy engine model# 302AMRGDP Serial #T1036261 any help we’d really appreciate it!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Read this thread and having the same issues. We have an’88 bay liner trophy engine model# 302AMRGDP Serial #T1036261 any help we’d really appreciate it!
Start a topic about your motor, preferably in the correct motor sub-forum

Did Volvo put 302s in Bayliners back in 1988?¿?

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.