Need advice on a Tecumseh 2 stroke diaphragm carb.

harringtondav

Commander
I resurrected my folk's '82 Toro S140 snowblower for use at the river house. I has a Tec 2 stroke AH1584a engine with a 632103 diaphragm carb, with fan vane governor.

Manual says back the front idle screw out 1 turn, inside power screw out 7/8 turn. It runs OK as long as I don't crowd it. If I do, it kills and won't restart until the next day. It had more power, and staying power with the original carb which I recently replaced. I don't remember how I had these two screws adjusted on the original carb, but I'm certain I tweaked them some.

It's always been a bit fussy. Any advice on adjustments to get it through the deeper snow?

dolluper

Captain
The screw closest to the butterfly [choke) is your mixture screw it's the important one.....the screw in front of it is the idle screw close to engine .. try your idle screw out one turn after seated gently...and your mixture screw out 3/4 of a turn out after gently seating...one note if your diaphragm body has a F MARKED on it the diaphragm must be installed first then the gasket as for the F marked on it.

harringtondav

Commander
The screw closest to the butterfly [choke) is your mixture screw it's the important one.....the screw in front of it is the idle screw close to engine .. try your idle screw out one turn after seated gently...and your mixture screw out 3/4 of a turn out after gently seating...one note if your diaphragm body has a F MARKED on it the diaphragm must be installed first then the gasket as for the F marked on it.
Thanks. I reread the downloaded manual and realize I had the two screw functions swapped. I'll try these adjustments and see if things improve.