Necessary warning labels

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Listed below are some warning labels that seem to be posted on items because of an absence of common sense...<br /><br />"For external use only." -- On a curling iron. <br />"Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer. <br />"Do not drive with sunshield in place." -- On a windshield-covering dashboard sunshield. <br />"Do not eat toner." -- On a toner cartridge for a laser printer. <br />"May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray. <br />"Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth." -- On a novelty rock garden set. <br />"Do not use orally." -- On a toilet bowl cleaning brush. <br />"Do not use for drying pets." -- In the manual for a microwave oven. <br />"Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller. <br />"Do not iron clothes on body." -- On packaging for an iron. <br />"Wearing this garment does not enable you to fly." -- On a kid-sized Superman costume. <br />"May be harmful if swallowed." -- On a hammer. <br />"Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand." -- In the manual for a chainsaw. <br /><br />See what I mean? :D

Ron G

Commander
Re: Necessary warning labels

Youed be surprised some bodys done all of them,i worry about this country at times, :)

ZmOz

Captain

My favorite is the "may cause drowsiness" warning on sleeping pills. "Damnit Bob, I took these sleeping pills and now I'm drowsy! I wish they would have warned me!"<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What about motor homes? Shouldn't they have one, "Do not leave the driver's seat when the motorhome is in motion."

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

How about one for beer: "Warning! Excessive ingestion of this product may lead to waking up with ugly women"! :D :D

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ron G, That is the scary part.<br /><br />ZmOz, seems like that warning is a little redundant, but I guess necessary as someone probably went to sleep after ingesting those pills.<br /><br />JB. I heard a news report a couple months ago where a man had bought a nice motor home and was on the road and wrecked it. In the interview he was upset that the salesman didn't tell him he couldn't go make a cup of coffee while driving.<br /><br />Holdimhook, I will flatly state that I have never gone to bed with an ugly woman. I will NOT comment on what I woke up with.. :D