ndemge, keg law ??

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Real curious about the keg law you memtioned in the other post.<br />Why?<br />What is the purpose?<br />Seems like the breweries will be losing a bunch of kegs.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ndemge, keg law ??

I think there is still the matter of a deposit...I could be wrong?

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Roscoe, They have it hear, the reason is for underage drinking. The way it is supposed to work is a parent or any adult that buys a keg for underage drinkers can be located by the keg registeration. When law enforcement finds underage drinking they are supposed to be able to run the serial number on the keg and determine who bought it for them. Then the police go after them. <br />Ray

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

ok, I can kindof understand that. But why the time limit on returning the keg.<br /><br />(in reference to ndemge's post in tech topics)

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Roscoe, you got me on that one. I'am not sure hear in Missouri there is a time limit. I don't think I have ever bought beer by the keg, takes me most of a summer and hard fishing every weekend to go through a 24 pack of bottles. I have been in the past a heavy drinker but no more. I have several frends in the business I'll ask them.<br />Ray

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Roscoe, checked with a friend today that ownes a retail liquor store. No deposit on the keg but there is a deposit of the "tapper" the pump you use to get the beer out. I guess that makes for some perty cheep alum. preasure cans if you can get all the beer used up.<br />Ray