Navman 4500 or Lorance 107C

y not

Seaman Apprentice
I have decided to go Colour and both of these models are newish in Australia and am hoping for some experianced users input before I decide which one to buy.<br /><br />Both units cost a little over $1000 dollars here but are in the $500 range in the USA.<br /><br />Has anyone had any experiance with either model or manufacturer as my previous sounder was an old Humminbird.<br /><br />Thanks in advance

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Navman 4500 or Lorance 107C

Navman make an excellent product, the 4500 is close to the top of the range.<br /><br />I have been using navman for a few years (I don't have the 4500), very impressive. In Aus, they offer very good support & warranty.<br /><br />Aldo

y not

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for that Aldo, still hoping for some user feedback though as the specs on the lowrance read better but I dont know anyone that has ever owned a lorance of any type.

tengals123

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have the 107CDF<br /><br />GREAT UNIT. I have not had a problem so far. I truely believe you cannot get a better sounder with that resolution, for that dollar.<br /><br />cheers

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Lowrance has 3.5x the screen pixels. And better software. A no brainer. I recently swapped from a Navman sounder to Lowrance. It's like going from the amateurs to the pros.

y not

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks very much Tengals & Whiteman reading the brouchures suggested that the Lowrance would be the pick of them, but hearing from users is always nicer since the shops won't let me test it for a month before I pay for it.

nevd

Seaman Apprentice

Whiteman, which Lowrance did you purchase and did you compare it with Raymarine DS 400,500 or 600X?<br /><br />How well does it operate in Shallow NQ estuaries? I purchased a Raymarine DS 400X and it can't find bottom in less than 2 m of water unless range and gain is in manual. When it is turned off, you need to go thru the same complicated menu again.

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have the Lowrance X135 mono. The Raymarine didn't get past 1st base with me as the pixel count is way too low for the price. If you see the 480x480 screens of Lowrance and others you will not compromise. I have to negotiate channels at 0.3m with the motor just in the water and the Lowrance still gives a clear picture. I run it completely in auto mode and the only buttons I hit are zoom in and zoom out. I had a serious fishing techo on board on Saturday and he tried to get a better picture fiddling with the dials but he came back to auto.

dmonwai

Seaman

I have a Lowrance X107, I've had it since March.<br /><br />I fish salt water for salmon and its been working great.The high resolution helps see fish feeding of bait balls and the color help me decide on working the bait balls I mark.<br /><br />I have never use the Navman so I can't really compare it.