Nav light question

terry2626

Seaman
I have a 1963 Razorback ski boat with a 1963 Johson 40hp electicmatic out board. My grandfather bought this boat new, and now after all this time i am trying to restore it for him(well mostly for me) but any way. my question is.
Is there a set way of wiring up the nav light to one kind of boat? Or is all wiring for the nav lights the same? When i tried to track down the wiring that is there. I have wires that are lead off into space and does not conect to anything. From what i have found there are no fuses or anything of that type. It looks to me like it was (for lack of better words) hot wired into the battery, Please anyone know of this style of boats and the wiring of the nav lights help. Oh also just to let you know i am very new to all the wiring and restoring of a boat. so please for give me if i sound like i have no idea what is going on, because i dont.

terry2626

Seaman
Re: Nav light question

I forgot to add. that i only have the front red and blue lights and a stern white light. There is one pull switch to turn the off and on. hope this helps.

ricksrster

Commander
Re: Nav light question

This is how I wired mine. all boats are pretty much the same. I ran a 12+ wire from a fuse on the fuse block to the + post on a off/one/both switch. The first position on the switch went to to stern - white light. The both went to the front red and green lights and the instrument lights. The ground wire for everything is connected to a ground buss dehind the dash.