national record service corp

crab bait

Captain
my common law neighbors got married a few months ago..<br /><br />they recieved in the mail a letter from the 'nat'l rec ser corp' about the bride changin' her name.. <br /><br />must fillout this form .. ssi#, copy f birth cert., bank account with routing #, an any child's ssi #..<br /><br />failure to comply an mail in form is a federal offense.. along with a check payable in the ammount of $15.00..<br /><br />the beauty of it all,,, it's a scam..<br /><br />your givin' someone all your vital information an givin' them 15 bucks to do it.. !!<br /><br />genious,, just genious..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: national record service corp

I'll bet a lot of folks fall for it.

Realgun

Commander

I thought it was true! Man thats a scam and a half but how did they know they got married? Can you get that stuff from the paper or city hall?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> I'll bet a lot of folks fall for it.
They say enough people fall for this kind of thing to make the phishers wealthy. :mad: <br /><br />Realgun, I think they publish marraige licenses in the paper just like the obituaries and births. At least they are a matter of public record and available to anyone who wishes to know.