Nascar News Thread

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nascar will have practice and qualifying next year. It's called practice and qualifying, anyway.

I really enjoyed the multi-car qualifying. It helped build the excitement for the weekend. I understand why they had to stop it once the teams started playing games on pit road. I wish they could bring that back, was fun to watch.
At least they will be qualifying. When they went to finishing position / fast lap matrix, they should have temporarily halted the pit road selections and gone back to the draw. That #1 stall comes into play way too often to not necessarily being earned. At least with real qualifying they all have a chance.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
While I'm all for the new car, and think it's pretty awesome...
I'm also thinking we might be moving a little too far into sports car-type territory. The one lug 18" Aluminum wheels are very interesting and will allow a much larger brake package, something they need with the addition of all the road courses on the schedule. But, the sequential transmission, IRS, and composite bodies seem to drift well away from the "good old days". I'm all for innovation and all, but Nascar has lost throngs of their fan base by trying to reinvent itself. Let's hope this change works, I hate seeing the empty stands in the sport I've loved since 1981.

64osby

Admiral
If they could/would make a package that could pass instead of hearing dirty air / clear air it would really help. Possibly something like the F1 DRS(drag reduction system). It would make the actual racing more exciting on the 1/1.5 mile tracks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think they should get rid of spotters and add mirrors You drive by yourself or find another job.

And you should be able to go to the dealer and buy the same car minus the safety equipment like rollbars and add street equipment like lights. Or change your name Nacar.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If they could/would make a package that could pass instead of hearing dirty air / clear air it would really help. Possibly something like the F1 DRS(drag reduction system). It would make the actual racing more exciting on the 1/1.5 mile tracks.
That's exactly what they're hoping for with the new car. The underside is completely enclosed, those weird cut outs behind the front wheels, rear diffuser, and other air ducting is "supposed" to decrease the air packing on and under the nose.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think they should get rid of spotters and add mirrors You drive by yourself or find another job.

And you should be able to go to the dealer and buy the same car minus the safety equipment like rollbars and add street equipment like lights. Or change your name Nacar.
I don't disagree.