NASCAR 2023 General News and Updates

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Talladega Superspeedway, nicknamed "Dega", and formerly named Alabama International Motor Speedway (AIMS) from 1969 to 1989, is a motorsports complex located north of Talladega, Alabama.[1] It is located on the former Anniston Air Force Base in the small city of Lincoln. A tri-oval, the track was constructed in 1969 by the International Speedway Corporation, a business controlled by the France Family. As of 2023, the track hosts the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and ARCA Menards Series. Talladega is the longest NASCAR oval, with a length of 2.660 mi (4.281 km), compared to the Daytona International Speedway, which is 2.500 mi (4.023 km) long. The total peak capacity of Talladega is around 175,000 spectators,[4][5][6] with the main grandstand capacity being about 80,000.[7]

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Been to that track 6 times. Saw Dale and Jr both race there, would drive 2 days just to get to the track....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We have a shop on the road to it one of my visits we did the tour. Watched espn make a commercial.

aspeck

Staff member
Not sure i understand how results on a race can be changed
The race ended with a big pileup on the last lap. The running order was frozen when the yellow caution flag came out. It took time for NASCAR officials to sort out where all the cars were on the track at the time of the caution …

64osby

Admiral
The race ended with a big pileup on the last lap. The running order was frozen when the yellow caution flag came out. It took time for NASCAR officials to sort out where all the cars were on the track at the time of the caution …
I lost a few more FL points when the reshuffled.🥺

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Boyer is turning into a company man, "hard racing". Chastain completely rode Larson into the wall. They were 1/2...🙄

FLATHEAD

Commander
I know last years thread. I tuned into the Atlanta race yesterday about 1/4 way through the race. Have not seen a nascar race for many years. Was pretty exciting at the end. Was very surprised to see some of those guys still racing, and apparantly retired drivers don’t take their car number with them. Good to see the chevys finish well.