name these parts

cheejudo

Seaman
can yall tell me what these are?

The "ACCY" Button does nothign when i switch it on... the circle thing is on top of the motor (im guessing its some type of filter) and the other pic is under the back left seat

Attachments

• DSC03662.jpg
    DSC03662.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03663.jpg
    DSC03663.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03660.jpg
    DSC03660.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral
Re: name these parts

left pic is a flame arrestor. if it were a car it would be your air filter..

don't know about your acc. switch. look and see if any wires are connected to it. does your blower work?

right pic is your trim pump motor w/ fluid resiviour in foreground.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

1) Flame Arrester for the carburetor. Required on I/O engines to surpress backfire accidents

2) Accessory rocker switch. May or may not have anything hooked to it. Look under the dash to see if there are wires attached. Usually installed from the factory in case the owner wants to add additional electronic equipment or lights.

3) Not sure what you want identified, but I'm assumin it's the oil tank with the pump attached. Does your boat have trim tabs? If so, it's the pump and resevoir for the tabs. If no tabs, it is probably for the hydraulic rams to raise the lower unit with the tilt/trim switch.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Damn! Ziggy beat me by 2 minutes!!

cheejudo

Seaman

thanks guys, it does help.. Though i've been out a couple of times i never knew what they were :)

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The accessory on my boat controls cigar lighter-power point.

MPII

Petty Officer 1st Class

If there is nothing attached to the Accessory Switch, it is available for you took hoot something up, radio, VHF, power outlet, etc.

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wired up my accessory switch for 'silent running'.

You've seen submarine movies where they need to run silent to avoid detection, and they shut everything off, including the standard white lights, and everything is lit with red light, right?

Too much glare on the glass at night, so I use red lighting for nav stuff, and for now, throw a t-shirt over the standard gauges like fuel and tach.