Mystery outboard? Can you ID?

lake_time

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok. First I would like that thank the guys at Frankie’s Marine.. I just got a great SST prop from then 2nd hand at a KILLER price on E-bay.<br /><br />Here is the mystery. My dealer says he could not find this motor listed. To be honest he needs a map and both hands to find is butt, thats why I rely on people Iceman and Corm for advice. Anyway, I was told it was a 10hp commercial but who knows. The 2nd part of the mystery is what is the plug on the side with the 3 yellow wires going to it for? Charging a battery? What else would I need to hook this puppy up?<br /><br />The model # is HE10RSD and the serial # 0239725.<br /><br />The 10RSD suggests a Johnson ’85 but I cannot find he HD info anywhere.<br /><br />The plate also says, “Made in Hong Kong”. Its just driving me nuttz trying to figure this out. Please help!! Arrrrrrr!!<br /><br />Click the link for some photos.<br /><br />Photos

ICEMAN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mystery outboard? Can you ID?

Hi Lake_time, It's me again.
smile.gif
I'm pretty positive, The motor you have is a 1985 vintage. The "H" in the model # indicates it is was made in Hong Kong. It is a commercial type motor, It may also be a motor that was sold in the foreign markets and found it's way to the U.S. It has a different lower unit than a 9.9, but powerhead parts are mostly interchangable. The gearcase is from a different OMC motor, I'm not sure if it's from a 25 or an 8 hp. But parts should be available.

lake_time

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You ROCK.. I spent 3 weeks looking for this and you found it in about 20 min.. Thanks a bunch.. it came with 2 props a card rebuild kit and a spare water pump. Is that usual for commercial stuff?<br />How can I tell about gear case.. would some really good photos help? The props are both 9 1/4 x 7.. does this help as all?

Frankies Marine

Seaman Apprentice

Send me pictures of the motor and lower unit i will tell you what i know. Now the 3 Yellow wire, should be a charging system, some japan motor had these, because they did not carry a battery , weight and these would run , running lights. Good luck<br /> Thanks for the good remarks<br /><br />Frankies Marine<br />918-786-8180<br />E-Mail fmrs@greencis.net

lake_time

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Frankies Marine, Click on the photos link after my fitst post on this topic. It had a load of photos.. more than I would want to dump in you E-mail "inbox".<br />Thanks as always, Dave