My wife is worried about what will happen if Bush wins....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
She is afraid that the Democrats will riot in the streets and create general kaos because Kerry lost.<br /><br />I told her not to worry, that the Dems won't go on a killing spree.<br /><br />I'm right, aren't I?

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: My wife is worried about what will happen if Bush wins....

As a general rule, people only act that way when a ball team wins...she should be safe!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Depends on the city. Here in Houston, riots are rare cause everyone is packing heat, and the police have itchy trigger fingers.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

I don't expect any riots this week since I doubt that we will even have final results for quite awhile.<br /><br />On the other hand, the day of the Inaugural ceremony, there will be riots. That is, if our President is even allowed to partake in the ceremony as they have in the past with the parade, etc. It's a shame, but I beleive they will have to cut that out of this years Inaugural.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

it's only the very far left/right that would act<br />like that... a very small % of the population IMO.<br />they sure do make alot of noise though!<br />most folks are more towards the center regardless<br />of how much the media wants to spin the "divided<br />country" mularky.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have faith that people will just accept who has won and get on with their lives, and I think that will happen. What happened when Bush was being inaugurated was rediculous. You don't do that to the president, no matter if you like him or not.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's what I always said Jason, like them or not, once they are elected, support them, whomever it may be.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes. Our President is OUR President.<br /><br />If I don't like his politics I start plotting for 2008.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Need not worry, hard for Dem's to riot when the tears are flooding the streets.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I could never like, trust or respect a criminal as President!<br /><br />If Kerry wins the election, thats exactly what we would have...<br /><br />A CERTIFIED CRIMINAL as PRESIDENT!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> <br />A CERTIFIED CRIMINAL as PRESIDENT!
I have to agree.<br /><br />Lets start a thread on what laws he has broken.<br /><br />#1. Visiting a forien country we were at war with and visiting with there leaders before he was released from the service.<br /><br />At the least, a "DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE".

KaGee

Admiral

Mark,<br /><br />Your wife may have something to be concerned about... let's hope not. It's unpredictable how people will respond sometimes. The "mob" mentality has it's way of affecting otherwise normal individuals.<br /><br />As for me, if Kerry wins, he will be President. I will continue to respect the office of President. But, I cannot and will not respect him as an individual.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This just in, it's official..<br /><br />PRESIDENT JOHN KERRY!! :p

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Little early to be hitting the sauce isn't it Luna Sea? :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hey Luna Sea... #1 It would be President "Elect" #2 I concur with Mr.Ladyfish, drink some coffee!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Hey Luna Sea... drink some coffee!
No, no.... keep drinking.... it will soften the blow! :p

oddjob

Commander

She is afraid that the Democrats will riot in the streets and create general kaos because Kerry lost.<br /><br />I told her not to worry, that the Dems won't go on a killing spree.<br /><br />I'm right, aren't I?<br /><br />
I got some INTEL that President Bush has had a SECRET plan to ship out the civilian post election insurgents to Gitmo and be tried for war crimes :cool: . Your the first to know here at Iboats as CBS turned down my story.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good bye iboats ;)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> As for me, if Kerry wins, he will be President. I will continue to respect the office of President. But, I cannot and will not respect him as an individual.
I agree wholeheartedly. Just like rank in the military. I may have to say Sir/Ma'am and respect the rank/position, but I don't have to respect the person. Luckily, there haven't been many that I can say that about. I will say that about our previous Comm-In-Chief WJC!!!<br /><br />AK Chappy