My uncle is in remission from cancer

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class
hello everyone thank you for your prayers and thoughts. He is in remission from multiple myloma cancer it has eaten away at his back bones and he is getting new bone marrow but in and they are going to fix his back bones. He is doing better has to still be on pain pills for back but not using walker like he did at Christmas. Thank you again<br />Serenity

one more cast

Captain
Re: My uncle is in remission from cancer

Thats great Serenity. Cancer is a scary thing for sure and its nice to hear stories like this. My sister went through a rough time with breast cancer last year and she is also doing pretty well now.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Excellent. My brother in law has multiple myeloma from being around agent ornage in Vietnam. He found out early and after the first round of chemo. is considered in remission (no real cure). <br /> He went down to the Mayo Clinic two years ago to have his stem cells taken from his own blood so that if/when it comes back they can use it in the fight. <br /> They also recommended to have all his realtives take a test to see if they could donate stem cells(outside chance but what they hey).

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's wonderful news. Give Uncle our best.<br />Bassy

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

thank you everyone. We all offered to but they took his ouw morrow and such probaly just as they did for telmanmn's bro in law. I'm glad that he is doing ok also. There is no cure But by God's healing It will not be allowed to come back. We all have to have faith in God with this. I hope they fix his back soon so he can get back outdoors. He is the one who in pain showed me how to run my boat in choppy water.He would do anything for anybody.<br />Serenity