My turn to change the impeller.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I went out today and the boat started right up everything seemed fine went out on the lake for about 5 minutes at WOT and she was running nice. stopped the boat and the kids went swimming and had lunch just hanging out, the boat was sitting for a bout 45 min. we decided to go for a ride and she fired right up again was going across the lake not to fast and it didnt sound right as I approached the channel to go to the otherside of the lake the buzzer went off. I shut it right down and havent started since. there was steam coming out the pee holes for a brief time. I rowed it back. Im thinking its the impeller because I havent changed it yet, but what else should I look for? also I was on BOATS.NET and saw the impeller for $15 and what they call a waterpump kit for $98 what else could possibly be in the kit to make it that much more. Its a 1990 force 50hp 507X90D.

Sorry for the long post I wanted you to know exactly how this came about.

also I have never had an overheating problem until today. I didnt even know what the buzzer sounded like until today.

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

foodfisher

Captain
Re: My turn to change the impeller.

The more expensive kit includes the w/p housing

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

is there a gasket or anything else I need besides the impeller?

foodfisher

Captain

Depends on your luck. Luckily in the process of taking mine apart nothing was damaged, so I didn't need anything else (gaskets, seals). Read the sticky at the top of the page to be prepared. My impeller purchase included nothing else.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope to be lucky so im going to order just the impeller. I have a few days due to tropical storm/ hurricane dan rolling through the boston area. so wish me kuck and anymore suggestions would be helpful.

Also should I change the T-stat at the same time?

foodfisher

Captain

It's cheap and wouldn't hurt. Be sure to understand the sticky and a sixpack for a lifting partner wouldn't hurt either.

foodfisher

Captain

Another thought. When you've got apart look everywhere you can see for pieces of broken impeller if indeed it's in pieces.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Noted thank you. I need to find someon efrom this forum in the boston area. they would recieve a keg never mind a six pack.

foodfisher

Captain

One more, on reassembly don't forget the antisieze on your bolts. There's an aluminum based one availiable. Goon night.